|37 weeks and growing!|
It’s funny, I realize that there is a baby coming shortly (I’m 37 weeks along), but somehow it only dawned on me a couple of days ago just how soon the main event is going to be happening. It all started when I got home from work and started to get cramps. Now, I remember what contractions feel like…pretty hard to forget, so I figured they were just Braxton Hicks. However, something went off in my head that said: “Get ready lady!” and sent me flying (slowly) upstairs to pack my hospital bag so that I’ll be ready at a moment’s notice.
After shoving a bunch of stuff into a suitcase, I felt better, but I didn’t feel completely settled without a “to do” list, so in true Vanessa fashion, I got up in the middle of the night and started writing a list of everything I should try to get done. I got the following list from Babyzone. I just picked out what I think I need to remember at this point.
1) Prepare for labor and delivery. Practice relaxation and breathing techniques.
2) Get some new music and remember my birth companion CD. I’m a fan of this one:
|Earth Mama * Angel Baby Natural Labor Companion. Check out their great website here|
3) Prepare for the weeks after giving birth. Cook and freeze meals, stock up on food staples, bathroom supplies, etc.
4) Finalize birth plan and go over it with doctor. I found a great template here.
5) Prepare big sister gift for Belle. Thanks to my Mother-in-law, I’ve got a whole stock of toys ready to go
6) Relax and enjoy the last days before delivery!
If anyone needs me, I’ll be at the spa getting a pedicure and prenatal massage.