Now, on to the rest of the post:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way to acknowledge each other and say “you’re doing a great job”. It is for blogs with 200 or less followers, so it’s also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!
5. My favorite book is Eat, Pray, Love.
6. I have a tendency to start several projects and not finish any of them.
7. I am addicted to Starbucks chai lattes.
8. I’m an elementary school teacher, teaching grade 4 French Immersion (but currently on maternity leave)
9. I collect scarves (My latest one was a gift from my sister brought back from Barcelona)
10. I love Ashtanga yoga
11. I am the oldest of three girls.
I am nominating the following blogs for The Liebster Award:
11 Questions I was asked:
1. When did you start your blog? I have had my blog since June 2011 but really only started blogging in January of 2012.
2. What goals did you have for your blog when you started and how have they changed since? When I first started blogging, my goal was to post regularly and that was it. Now, my goal is to grow my blog, continue using writing as a creative outlet, start doing DIY projects to blog about and connect with more bloggers.
3. What was your favorite movie when you were a child? The NeverEnding Story
4. If you could have a mommy’s night out tonight, where would you go? I would go out for dinner to a new Japanese restaurant that opened in town, and go to a movie..to eat lots of popcorn! Mama’s got a new pair of shoes that want to be taken out on the town!
5. If you could have another child right now, what would you name him or her? I would name her Sophie. (I am convinced that if I have another baby, it will be a girl)
6. Have you ever played an instrument? I played the trumpet in grade 7. Does that count?
7. What is one thing on your to do list this week? Start one of my many DIY projects.
8. What’s your favorite song currently? Jericho by Rufus Wainwright
9. What character is your child currently obsessed with? Blu from the movie Rio.
10. What’s your favorite childhood memory? I have many, but one that comes to mind is the day we got our Golden Retriever, Cassi. This memory is especially close to my heart since we had to put her down a few weeks ago. She was almost 15 years old.
11. Who’s your best friend and why? Megan: we’ve been friends since we were six years old. She has seen me at my worst and accepts all the crazy that is me. She was actually there for Olivier’s birth and is about to become his Godmother.
11 Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favorite movie?
2. What is the first thing you would you do if you won the lottery?
3. What is your favorite holiday memory?
4. What book are you reading right now?
5. Why did you start blogging?
6. Where is your ideal place to live?
7. What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
8. If you could have one day to do anything, what would it be?
9. Which chore would you rather do…clean house, do laundry or go grocery shopping?
10. Did you think you would have children when you “planned” out your life? If so, how many?
11. What do you look forward to most about Fall?